Skip to main content

Air Fryer Kuih Bakar Kemboja 马来香兰烘糕


The other day, it was just out of the blue I'm searching for my silicon mould and found that it fit into my AF perfectly. Wow, I was like hurray found my treasure from the rubbish bin ! HAHAHA..... It was cool. And I am trying out the kuih bakar on it in my air fryer. Oh I am truly blessed ! It came out pretty nice and neat. Please read on for more.

This is the size of the silicon mould. I think I bought it from DIY or Daiso...... It was long long time ago then. Thanks goodness it fits well in my AF.

(recipe adapted from here)
Ingredients :
1 cup (125gm) all purpose flour
1 cup (130gm) sugar
1 cup (250ml)  thick coconut milk
1/2 cup (125ml) concentrated pandanus juice
3 eggs
3 TB butter, melted
a few drops of pandan coconut extract
some sesame seeds for topping

Method :
(1)  combine flour & sugar into a big bowl, mix well.
(2) whisk together coconut milk, pandanus juice, melted butter & eggs till well mixed. Then place everything together and beat till well combined.

(3) pour batter into a 8" greased bundt cake tray and sprinkle on the sesame seeds (as picture shown the above).
(4) now, bake at preheated AF 170'C for about 45-50 minutes or till brown (make sure the tester came out clean). Best to slice it after cooled completely.

Yeap, it turns out beautifully !

And easy to unmould the cake too !

I love especially the burnt part. Super tasty good !  Hope you guys will love it too. have fun !

Hereby, I would like to wish all my readers SELAMAT BERPUASA !

Popular posts from this blog

Air Fryer Pandan Sponge Cake 气炸锅班兰海绵蛋糕

I am truly blessed with another successful baking with my air fryer.  This round I am trying out the pandan sponge cake by using the straight method, without heating the oil or butter. The texture turns out really nice and fluffy. I am really confident with my air fryer and going to explore more recipes in future. Hope you guys as happy as I am, with your air fryer ! Please read on for more. For Air fryer with 3L fryer basket. (Khind Air Fryer ARF3000) Ingredients : (7" baking tray) (A) 50gm   corn oil 60gm   pandan juice 50gm   all purpose flour 3 egg yolk (B) 3 egg white 1/8 tspn  cream of tartar 50gm  fine sugar a pinch of salt Method : (1) from ingredients (A), hand beat corn oil and egg yolk till creamy, then add in flour alternately with pandan juice in 3 batches till everything well cooperated. Set aside. (2)  Ingredient (B), whisk egg white till foamy then add in cream of tartar and half of the sugar. Continue beating till thick & foamy. Add

Homemade Ginger Wine 自制姜酒

My 2nd attempt making ginger wine. After a 3 whole months of waiting, I am truly happy with the result. It turns out really strong and smell really good compare to the previous batch I made. Just harvested today. Can't wait to try it in my cooking soon .... ginger mee suah, ginger wine chicken, steamed fish, steamed chicken ...... and many more >o<  Please read on for more. Couldn't find bentong ginger, so get the Thai bentong ginger instead. Not bad, at least better than the Chinese ginger. I ngredients : 1kg bentong ginger 750gm (3pkt) rock sugar 6L water 2pcs sweet wine biscuit 2pcs spicy wine biscuit Method : 1. wash ginger then blow dry under the sun, cut into small pcs. 2. bring rock sugar, ginger slices and water into boil, keep boiling for 30 minutes over medium heat. 3. then leave cool overnight. 4. crushed wine biscuit into powder form and set aside, then transfer half of the cooked ginger & water into a 10L glass jar. Add in wine

Hakka Steamed Braised Pork In Taro @ 芋头扣肉

This  hakka steamed braised pork in taro  is one of the many popular  hakka dish  to be served during the festive celebration. In older days, you may have to prepare this dish from A-Z but its much easier to prepare it now in this newer generation. And I have chosen to make them with store bought roasted pork instead. Some time ago, one of the group member gifted me this special five spice powder where she brought all the way back from Penang and this is the only packet left in my pantry. Its one of the famous product from Pok Oy Thong Medical Hall of Penang. Very very fragrant and its wonderful to work with this special  hakka dish . So.... show time ! LOL.... It is best to slice the roast pork as well as the taro into same thickness which is about 1mm thick. This will certainly help in the arrangement later on. On the other hand, everything will be evenly cooked by then. Ingredients : 500gm  taro, skinned & sliced 300-350gm   roast pork, sliced 3 shallots, slice